- UK Hoops Boxscore: Baylor Bears Fall in 4th Overtime 133-130
- Cards over Kangaroos Box Score
- Photos from Male vs. Trinity Playoff Game, Nov. 22
- Rick Pitino Tuesday Press Conference
- Keg of Nails:Louisville vs. Cincinnati Game Preview and Predictions
- Where will Teddy Bridgewater be drafted?
- College Basketball Polls (Dec. 2nd)
- Louisville In Top 20 In BCS Standings
- UK Hoops vs. UofL Lady Cards Highlights
- Kentucky Offered Henderson County Lineman Mason Wolfe
ESPN.com Vote Tabs Anthony Davis Fourth Best College Player Since 2000
- Updated: December 20, 2012
Skimming through the sporting world, I came across one of the weekly pieces on ESPN.com. This being Jason Kings “Kings Court” in which he takes a look around the college basketball world for the week ahead. One part of the article, which I do recommend reading, was King along with Eamonn Brennan, Andy Katz, Dana O’Neil, Myron Medcalf voted on their top ten players for college basketball sicne the year 2000, college accomplisments only, and former Wildcat Anthony Davis landed at #4.
Ahead of Davis who received 20 votes from three to one came Jay Williams(38 votes), Kevin Durant(39 votes) and Tyler Hansborough who led the pack with 45 votes. John Wall, also a former John Calipari player at Kentucky landed just outside the top ten in the players receiving votes. Here is the excerpt from the article.
Ranking the best college players since 2000 (NBA accomplishments not considered), in order of total points, with number of first-place votes in parentheses (voters: Eamonn Brennan, Andy Katz, Dana O’Neil, Myron Medcalf and me):
1. Tyler Hansbrough North Carolina (3) — 45
2. Kevin Durant, Texas (1) — 39
3. Jay Williams, Duke (1) — 38
5. Jameer Nelson, Saint Joseph’s — 16
6. Carmelo Anthony, Syracuse — 15
6. Michael Beasley, Kansas State — 15
8. Blake Griffin, Oklahoma — 13
9. J.J. Redick, Duke — 11
10. Shane Battier, Duke — 10